Light Painting in the Park

Last weekend I had planned on meeting a few friends to photograph in the morning. We had decided to check out a park we had all driven past but none of us had really explored. I got there early and while waiting under a clear sky (we seem to have had a lot of that of late-and we are in a drought already this year) I saw this old log.

As an exercise in fun I decided to paint it with light while I waited. I set up the camera and dialed up a 30 second exposure. After starting it I was able to then move through the image lighting the length of the log with my LED headlamp. The great thing about doing that is as long as I keep moving I do not show in the image.

The LED puts out a blue tint to it's light but in this case I think it actually works well.

Comments

Steve said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts