The Great Falls after a Rain

We have been in very dry conditions in Texas for several months. The lat fall and winter rains all but stopped. That all changed this week as we have had three days of nice rains.

It was damp but not raining this morning so I walked the river to the Great Falls and found the river has been up but still running clear. I waded out into to it to photograph it with more water going over the edge.
The water was moving fast but only 8" deep or so across the top of the ledge. I was able to make my way over and make several images across the top. Down at the bas of the falls was a little trickier as the water was within 2" of the top of my Wellies but with some careful steps I just picked up spray splatter on my pants and avoided a boot full of water.




Comments

Popular Posts