Palo Pinto Moonset

Moonset on a late summer morning in north Texas.  

The area west of Fort Worth around Palo Pinto County is one of my favorite places to go for a Saturday morning drive.  This summer has been one of some nice rains and even in late August there was some nice quality to the grasses.  Combine them with a moonset and some nice morning light and there was the possibility for a nice image.

I arrived on site and began photographing the hills and the moonset.  I liked the green lush quality to the grass and thought there has to be a better image, but it just was not working.  Then  I walked down the road to put the trees into the image and found just what I was looking for.

On a different note, you will find an article I did on Fisheye Lens Landscapes was reprinted in Wild Photo Mag this summer.  It's a South African based English language magazine.

You can see the article here:

Wild Photo Mag Article

The are some nice articles in the magazine from a variety of contributors and a good database of nature photographers too.

Comments

Popular Posts