White Christmas in Texas

We were treated to a wonderful snowfall on Christmas Day in north Texas.  What started out as some much needed rain turned into big wet flakes of snow that made a winter wonderland.  Late in the day I grabbed my camera and headed to a wooded park to photograph the ephemeral beauty of the snow in the waning light of the day.

The parks were empty and I wandered the woods by myself, listening to the quiet of the snowfall, and taking in the world of white.  

It was nice way to end the holiday.

Then I was out early the next morning.  The snow and clouds had passed to the east and a cold and crisp morning was to be had.

Now I crunched through snow and leaves and looked for the right light in the trees to find another image of the fleeting beauty we had.

Snow is rare in Texas although we have had 4 or 5 nice snow events in the last four winters.  It is even rarer for it to last more than a day, so I knew I had to make the most of the morning as the afternoon sun would melt most of it away.  

Luckily I was able to find a few small intimate landscapes and capture a few images to bring home.

Comments

Popular Posts