Golden Sunrise

Here is a golden sunrise I caught one morning back in December on the hill overlooking the West Fork.  The bright morning light lit the broomweed and grasses with a golden glow.  I liked the quality of the light as it matched the crispness in the air and made for a great little scene.

In fact, I liked the scene so much I made two more trips to capture the view and see if I could make a better image.  Each trip I got a little closer and the third time was the charm!

This is one of those images that makes me think of something Van Gogh might have worked with.  The yellows and blues just seem tailor made for an impressionistic painting.  Not being a painter I had to fall back to Photoshop and produced my own impressionistic version of the scene.


I hope Vincent would approve.


Comments

Popular Posts