Going Monochrome

I am a color landscape photographer.  I see better in color and I prefer my images in color about 99% of the time.  However, on occasion I do find an image that works better in black and white.

That is not to say I do not try to work in black and white.  I still work in black and white film on occasion.  I have a profile set to work in monochrome in camera.  I even have Nik Silver Effects for conversions.

I still prefer my results in color.

This just happened to be one of those times I like the monochrome better.

The overcast sky made for some nice soft light conditions.  I was able to get nice exposures with blur to the water of the waterfall.  The summer greens of the scene were nice too but I thought I would be able to frame the image for a more basic composition where the color would not matter.

I worked several compositions there in the canyon.  Then back home I really worked the file for a good conversion.  

The result is the image at the top.

This just turned out to be one of those 1% times for me.

Comments

Popular Posts