Montana Fall colors

The end of September is a great time for fall color in Montana.  However it is not so great for visiting the area.  The lodges either are shut or will close for the season by October 1st meaning it is hard to find a place to stay.  It is if everyone just leaves.

That is too bad really as the show the aspens put on is a good one.

After getting a great sunrise on Swiftcurrent Lake I started to make my way out of the park but had to stop for a few fall color images along the way.  I even drove up to see Chief Mountain.  By that time the wonderful morning clouds had given way to blue sky and I got a nice location with just ok light.  Still could not beat being in Montana.

By mid-morning I was pretty hungry as I had not had breakfast and found a small general store where I got a banana, a muffin and some M+M's.  After just a bag of almonds the night before, it hit the spot.

So I left the park and headed east out onto the prairies.

Comments

Popular Posts