Delicate Arch at Twilight


After spending the afternoon at a different vantage point of Delicate Arch, I made my way around to the traditional viewpoint for some light painting.

There were several others with the same idea and we talked about how we could paint the arch. When we tested my million candle powered light from the traditional viewpoint and saw we could easily paint it across the slickrock bowl we set up and did just that.


My plan had been to hopefully get the arch with a huge star filled sky above it but those did not work out thanks to the thin clouds.

The one I ended up liking the best (and presented here) is a tighter view from that twilight when the last light of the sky is blue.

Then as a companion piece to see what light painting often ends up looking like from the participants vantage point.

Comments

Popular Posts