Antelope Canyon


After a few days of snow in Monument Valley , it was time to move to Page and go for Antelope Canyon. I made the drive over in falling snow thinking so much for the slot canyons. However, about ten miles outside of town the skies cleared. I went straight to Lower Antelope only to find it flooded out from melt off and so had to goto Upper Antelope.

At first that was disappointing but it turned out to be a fun afternoon.

There are no lightbeams there in winter according to what I read on the web, but that was ok, by me. There was still a crowd even in the week during February. That's the part I was not looking forward to. It was noticeable but not near as bad as the summer.

I spent most of my time in the front half. One thing I found on my first visit was that you are best off maximizing your time in a shorter area rather than trying to photograph it all.

So here are a few images. Color in the first "room" and then a black and white. The was handheld with the little LX-3 in monochrome and I must say I like what it can do!

Finally an image of me photographing it for scale.

Comments

Popular Posts